June 20, 2012
Washington County Summer Fun
Summer is the best time of year to kick your shoes off and have a little (or a lot) of family fun.
If you are in the Hagerstown, MD area:
- We happen to think the Martin “Marty” L. Snook Memorial Park and Swimming Pool located at Halfway Blvd Hagerstown, MD 21740 is the best place to do this. They have everything a park needs from swimming and playgrounds to tennis courts and horseshow pits.
- On your way why not make a stop at Shank and Tittle in the Valley Mall (17301 Valley Mall Rd # 338, Hagerstown, MD) to pick up some sporting supplies or try out a new game like bocce.
- Don’t forget to pack plenty of drinks and food, or pick up a couple of authentic New York delicatessen sandwiches from Gandolfo’s Deli at 91 Premium Outlets Blvd. Hagerstown, MD.
- If you are in the mood for a little indoor fun check out a great new summer movie at Regal Theatre Valley Mall at 17301 Valley Mall Road, Hagerstown, MD take advantage of their $2 popcorn Tuesdays or their kid friendly Summer Movie Express with $1 PG movies every Tuesday and Wednesdays.
- Last but not least, don’t forget about our nation’s favorite summertime sport; root root root for your home team, the Hagerstown Suns as they play the Augusta Green Jackets on July 9th at Hagerstown Suns Baseball 274 E. Memorial Blvd. Hagerstown, MD USA 21740.
In Martinsburg, WV there is plenty to do too:
- Stop by Dubbies Deli at 1615 Winchester Ave Martinsburg, WV 25405. They have great sandwiches and deli offerings; try their lunch specials that include chips and drinks for only $6.99!
- For some down home barbecue head to Earthdog Cafe at 398 S. Washington St. Berkeley Springs, WV. Try their mouthwatering pulled pork sandwich with a side of homemade potato chips and say hello summer.
- For an old fashioned summer experience catch a flick at Star Movie Theatre 137 Valley Rd. Berkeley Springs, WV. They play just a single movie Friday and Saturday nights in this depression area theatre, but the atmosphere and experience will take you back in time (the prices are great too!).
Last, but not least Williamsport, MD:
- Head to Byron Memorial Park on Park Road, Williamsport, MD for a picnic, a swim in the pool, or just a little fun on the merry-go-round.
- Dessert Rose Cafe located at 42 N. Conococheague St. Williamsport, MD has great made to order sandwich (perfect for a summer picnic) and service with a smile. We recommend you try the Deluxe BLT.
- Cool down with a delicious frozen treat from Rita’s Water Ice at 17220 Virginia Avenue Hagerstown, MD. We think their Gelati (a layering of Italian ice and creamy frozen custard) is the perfect summertime indulgence.
We hope you have a safe and wonderful summer! Want to see more of our favorite local Hagerstown, MD Businesses? Check them out here.