September 10, 2019
Back To School Organization and Local Storage Options
Summer activities are fun to share with the whole family, but what do you do with everything when the season is over? Finding a local storage option can be the solution to saving space this fall. As the kids get ready to go back to school, you will need to focus your efforts on getting the house in order for cooler weather. Providing self storage options is just one way we help our customers from season to season, this month we have tips for back to school as well!
Self Storage For The Season
- Finish up the yard work and move your equipment to storage. Anything gas-powered should be stored with an empty tank.
- The recommended PSI is enough for tires on peddle bikes and lawnmowers headed to the storage unit.
- Talk with Valley Storage near you about vehicle storage. Several of our locations offer parking spaces for rent.
- Use a shelf if pulling your personal boats inside for the winter. Elevating canoes and kayaks off the ground while storage is best.
- InStyle gives a few great pointers on how to stay up to date with this season’s fashion trends and put last season’s away.
Get Organized For Back To School
- Have a location for mornings, like a command station. The calendar, noteboard, bookbags and lunch boxes can all be kept in one spot.
- Kid’s missed the bus again and forgot their supplies? Keep an extra pencil case of basic items in your car for moments like this.
- Ask your kids to pack lunches the night before. Have a bin in the fridge of healthy snack options for them to choose from.
- Recycle soup cans and DIY a homework station.
- Set a few alarms if your kids have a tough time adjusting to the new school schedule.
Valley Storage is here all year long to help you store your valuables. Give us a call or stop by any of our local storage facilities in your neighborhood.