What do you think of when you hear the word “summer?” Here at Valley Storage, the first things that come to mind are outdoor music, fireworks, yard sales, boats and refreshing beverages; all of which can be found in our fabulous Hagerstown and beyond community! We’ve come up with a list of events that we plan to attend, and wanted to share them with you, lest you miss out on something wonderful right in your own backyard. Well, not literally in your backyard, that would be kind of awkward. You know what we mean. Feel free to add anything that we missed in the comments section below.
• On July 1st, the Hagerstown Community College Alumni Amphitheater, 11400 Robinwood Dr., Hagerstown, MD 21742, will be hosting a Red, White and Blue Summer Concert with entertainment provided by The Pennsylvania Air National Guard Band of the Mid-Atlantic. Admission is free and the music begins at 6:15 PM. Don’t have time to make dinner before you grab the family and go? No big deal – concessions will be available for purchase. Call 240-500-2346 for more details.
• On the eve of the 4th of July (aka July 3rd), Boonsboro, MD will be holding their annual Independence Day celebration at Shafer Park, complete with fireworks and food. If for some reason it rains, and we hope it doesn’t, the festivities will be postponed until the 5th. Feel free to give the town of Boonsboro a call if you have any questions: 301-432-5141.
• Have you ever heard of a yard sale that stretched for a mile? Guess what – we’ve got one right here in Hagerstown! On Independence Day, join our community for a fun filled day of treasure hunting. This stupendous sale can be found in the Paramount area off of Longmeadow Road in Hagerstown, MD. Not sure where that is? Give the organizers a call at 301-797-5504 – they’ll be happy to give you directions!
• Hagerstown Bike Week begins on July 5th, located behind the Clarion Hotel on the Dual Highway at the Hager Hall Conference and Event Center. We’re not talking about the pedal variety – we mean the leather wearing motorcycle variety; the type to get your blood pumping and make you wish you had a cool tattoo. With events and vendors both inside and outside, this is a rain or shine event, running from 10 AM to 10 PM Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Stop by and see for yourself how much cooler summer can be on a bike.
• Boats and beers. That’s right – we’re talking about the Boat and Brew Tour, happening on July 13th on the Monocacy River near Frederick, MD. You’ll work up a thirst paddling along this scenic waterway; so much so that you’ll just have to stop and sample the beer selections at Barley & Hops Grill and Microbrewery. They’ll be appetizers too. Sound too good to be true? Give the fellas at River and Trail Outfitters a call at 301-695-5177; we swear we’re not making this up!
These are just a few of the amazing events happening in our Hagerstown community this summer. Make sure you mark your calendar for at least one; you’ll be glad you did!