Top MD Organization Tips for 2013
Here at Valley Storage, New Year’s Resolutions are a big thing to us, and this year’s top one is organization. Our friends at House Beautiful have given us a few tips to make small homes look huge. We have decided to share these tips with our Hagerstown, MD and beyond communities in order to make your life a little easier and classier.
- Paint it Purple- A light lavender on your walls not only turns a dull room into a bright area, but it makes it seem bigger.
- Books high to low- A ceiling to floor bookshelf will make your small room seem like it can hold almost anything.
- Frame it up- Framed photographs give a room history, and a personal feeling.
- Antiques- Vintage hasn’t been the same since 1920, but a few older looking items have the ability to change a room from simple to historical.
- Craft Drawer- Instead of toy chests for your kids toys and craft items, dedicate a few cabinets to their art supplies, and things they refuse to part with. A toy chest takes up too much space and throws off any style.
- Hide your dirty laundry- Too big of a closet? Place your dryer and washer set inside.
- Room for three- Too many kids and not enough rooms? A small mattress pushed against the wall is the way to go.
- Green is Gorgeous- A green kitchen will spice up any house with a fairy feel.
If you’re looking to be the coolest house in the neighborhood, these few tips will put you in the lead. Start out your year by being unique! Good luck and happy 2013!
Source: House Beautiful